There was an error in this gadget

Monday, January 11, 2010

Forming a New Covenant with God for Your Most High Good

Emma Curtis Hopkins, a wise woman referred to as “the teacher of teachers” and a leader in the New Thought Movement reminds us in her book, Scientific Christian Mental Practices, written in 1888, that is serves us well to form a New Covenant with the Holy Spirit. In Hebrews, Chapter 8, Paul writes that Christ spoke of a new covenant; that the first one has become old. He is teaching us to form a new covenant with Spirit for our Most High Good and that Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant.

Join me now in forming a New Covenant. I invite you to sit down by yourself, and honestly and lovingly write and say aloud:

I hereby covenant with the Holy Spirit for my life, and I will do nothing to preserve my life; my life is the Life of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my health; and I will do nothing to preserve my health; my health is the Health of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my strength, and will do nothing for my strength; my strength is the Strength of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my support, and I will do nothing for my support; my support is the Providence of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my substance and supply, and I will do nothing for my substance and supply; my substance and supply is the Substance and Supply of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my prosperity, and I will do nothing to make myself prosperous; my prosperity is the Prosperity of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my defense, and I will do nothing for my defense; my defense is the Protection of the Holy Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my mind in its perfect thinking, and I will do nothing for my thoughts; my mind is the Mind of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my right speech, and I will do nothing for my speech; my speech is the Voice of the Spirit.

I sill do nothing to fix, or record, or write my Truth unto the earth, for my record is the record of the Holy Spirit. I say as Job said, My witness in the heavens and my record is on high.

I covenant for my joyous song of life, and will do nothing to be joyful; my joy is the Joy of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Spirit for my demonstrations of efficiency and skill in rightly doing all things, and I will do nothing to perfect myself. My efficiency is the Working Skill of the Holy Spirit, according to the words of Jesus Christ, who said, “The Words that I speak unto you, I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.”

I covenant with the Spirit for my judgment in its beauty, and the beauty of judgment; and I will do nothing to make myself greatly good in judgment, for the Spirit is my Judgment.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my love, and will do nothing to make myself loving or beloved, for all is now the Holy Spirit now acting with Irresistible Goodness through me.

I now do believe that the Lord my God is now working with me and through me and by me to make me omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. I now have faith in God. I now have the faith of God. “

And so it is. Amen.

Emma Curtis Hopkins (1849–1925) organized New Thought and was a primary theologian, teacher, writer, feminist, mystic and prophet who ordained women at what she named (with no tie to Christian Science) the Christian Science Theological Seminary of Chicago. Emma Curtis Hopkins was called the "teacher of teachers", because a number of her students went on to found their own churches or to become prominent in the New Thought Movement.

To learn more Emma Curtis Hopkins and her teachings do a search through google.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen